If you want a successful real estate career, master these five tasks.
What are the essential tasks of a Realtor? Today I’ll walk you through the top five tasks you should be doing to help your clients:
1. Lead generation. Go through your call list or go to a coffee shop with a sticker that says “talk to me about real estate.” Set a daily goal to have conversations with new people to generate new leads.
2. Lead follow-up. Stay in touch with the people who know and like you, as well as the new people that you talked to. Create a follow-up plan to keep up with and nurture those leads. Fortune is in the follow-up, so this job is just as important as lead generation.
3. Going to appointments. If you’re not talking to a buyer or seller, you’re not going to sell any real estate. Go to your appointments, talk your clients through their contracts, and learn why they want to buy and sell.
4. Negotiation. Your negotiation skills need to be practiced over and over to get better. I highly recommend reading “Never Split the Difference” by Chris Voss to help you hone your skills.
5. Practice scripts and role play. Every morning, my team and I get on a call and role-play through the most ridiculous scenarios. This prepares you for when an actual client says something wild.
By practicing these five tasks every day, you’ll see great success in your real estate career. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to me by phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you.